Saturday, July 31, 2010

Been awhile...




Not sure when I last wrote so here is a recap...




Wenatchee race was great! One I will definitely run again and we were once again blessed with beautiful weather. It was a nice out and back course with not much elevation change. Had some foot pain on the dorsal surface that I'd never experienced befored but still PR'ed and came in at 1:46:40 ish. Very happy with that time, knocking 9 minutes off my Pullman half.




Next was Missoula which I just competed in a few weeks back. There is a nice theme here growing with beautiful weather again for this race. Went up to the race with a buddy of mine (Rob from Pullman) who has lost almost 100lbs in that last year or two. We had to get up at 3am to get food in our guts for the 6am race start time. Yowza!




Stars were out on our way to the shuttle bus that took us to the start. Amazing race, amazing people. 2600 runners in the half marathon! Lots of people all along the course to motivate and cheer, what a great atmosphere. Must have helped because I knocked 7 more minutes off my old PR and came in at 1:39:40!!! Very happy with that time and also happy to not try to beat that time again this year. :-)




May run one more half this year in Spokane on 10/10/10..... I'll keep in touch on the ol' blogosphere a little better between now and then.




Train on,


Luke




No comments:

Post a Comment