Wednesday, March 17, 2010





My first 10K- St. Pattys Day Foot Race

48:01 according to my watch but 48:07 according to the website landing me in 19th place for overall womens 10K


I had a blast, and the only things I wish I could change: that I held back a little more then needed (then again I keep reminding myself that this was my first 10k and I didn't know how much I could push myself, I was testing the waters) and Sometimes Tommy has good advise; I started my run with my Seahawks jacket- threw it off between miles and it was never recovered :(


There was a bit of wind on the way back in but overall I had a great time and loved the feeling of clearing past people and the great words of encouragement I recieved at the finish line


:::One lady walked up to me asked my age and then said "O good, I was trying to keep up with you the whole time but it's a good feeling to know your 14 years younger then me." I'm now even more excited about wenatchee but nervous with all my body parts that hurt from running...


PS. I love the Race T-shirt - this is by far my favorite part of running !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment